Saturday 22 June 2013

Cute Sheep Cupcakes

I first saw the idea for sheep cupcakes on a Facebook post from a bakery that I follow. I then decided to give it a go for myself. They're so SO simple but look really cute and seem to be really popular!
You don't need many ingredients at all. I just used the recipes that I've previously posted for vanilla cupcake batter and buttercream and used that as my starting point.
I piped a big swirl with an open nozzle (the one with the big hole in it) and kept it quite flat rather than building it up to a peak. I then just covered it in mini white marshmallows and that's your sheep mostly done! The face was made from black and white fondant icings and just secured in place with a blob of buttercream. It's really that simple!
This one is relaxing on a little patch of grass which is a big crunchy cookie covered in green buttercream. I used a 'grass' nozzle to get the grass effect but I'm sure it'd look great even if it was just spread on flat!
 
 
I hope you give these a go to see how easy they can be! They don't need to be vanilla flavoured either! Try making a chocolate base (substituting 20g of flour for 20g cocoa powder in the original recipe) or with white chocolate buttercream. The list of potential variations is endless so get creative! I want to make the base 'welsh cake' flavour as the sheep are associated with Wales. That's an experiment for another day.
 
I hope these bring a smile to your face!
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment