Wednesday 8 January 2014

Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes

I made these for breakfast for my mum when we went on a weekend away to West Wales. I had to wing it as I didn't have scales or a whisk but if they turned out as well as they did despite that, then having the right tools will only increase the chances of this being an idiot-proof recipe! They're really simple and taste really good. I serve them in a big fat stack with lots of maple syrup. They're best eaten straight out of the pan but I've also microwaved them after they've cooled when I'm ready for round two!
 
Ingredients
1 punnet blueberries
5 heaped tablespoons plain flour
1 pinch salt
1 egg
1 pot of buttermilk (about 254ml I think)
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tsp salt
1 tsp bicarb
 
Method
1. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
2. In a jug or small bowl, stir the wet ingredients together with a fork.
3. Add the wet to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
4. Over a low heat, dollop in tablespoons of the mixture. Top each blob of batter with some blueberries.
5. When the tops of the pancakes bubble, flip them over.
6. Eat hot with lots of maple syrup!
 

Tips
Don't have your pan too hot as the outsides will cook really fast and you'll have raw dough in the middle. They're fine to take their time over a low heat. If you do happen to have them undercooked, blast them in the microwave for 30 seconds and they'll be cooked throughout.


No comments:

Post a Comment